Friday 11 November 2016

Haunted House

                               Haunted House

WALT: To use a variation of long and short sentences

The rickety chair sat alone on the dusty porch. Even in the daytime the house looked sinister. There wasn’t really a proper garden just a bunch of droopy roses struggling to grow, and an old swing covered in ivy. There was no door, only a slim gap in the middle of a wall, that I only just could squeeze through. I tiptoed in, the broken floorboards creaked and then one snapped. I screamed so loud I thought the house would break down. The noise echoed through the hallway and I swear I just saw a shadow of someone. I continued walking into the kitchen and in there was only one squeaky cupboard filled with nothing but cobwebs and a couple of mice nibbling on a mouldy piece of bread. The lounge wasn’t really a lounge, it had an ancient moth-eaten couch and an old-fashioned mat. I decided to look upstairs to see if that was any better. I stepped up to the unsturdy stairs they groaned every step I took, I wished I had a sweater. My fingers turned blue just looking at this place.  The state of the room upstairs made me shiver. The window was smashed and the tiny shards of glass that was still on the floor were needle like, I wouldn't want to walk in there with barefeet I thought aloud.

My heart was racing, I thought I was about to have a heart-attack. Someone was there, alive. I hid behind the door, I got to get out of here and fast. I couldn’t jump out the window, it was too high and I would probably break my neck or even die. There was no way I would be able to get down the stairs without them seeing me. Suddenly I felt a cold hand rest on my shoulder, I didn’t dare to turn around. The lights went out I also had a pain in my chest like never before.

5 comments:

  1. Your writing is the best ive seen yet. Great job!!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing made me have thoughts in my head in your story. Awesome Job Imogen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing story Imogen well done you really got the hang of this log sentences and short sentences task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry typo long sentences thing

    ReplyDelete